Re: [NTLK] Fwd: another question from the travelling Frenchman

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 17:22:03 EDT

Hi Christian
To be honest I am not sure what you are looking for. For some
information about IRDA see
<http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/IrDAConnection>
But since I don't think the Mini has infrared perhaps what you need
is to get a way to connect to install packages (software).
The Keyspan USB/Serial connector and and serial dongle on the newton
side is one way.
The card lender program see Frank Gruendel in Germany or Paul Curtis
in USA. This gives you necessary drivers to use Ethernet. This is
my preferred way of connecting to NCU in Classic. Also works fine
for installing packages in OS X with Escale.
See wikiwikinewt at bottom of this and all NTLK mail for additional
information and links.

Woody