Re: [NTLK] Newton "collapse" and ensuing despair

From: Andrei Chichak <newton_at_chichak.ca>
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 22:07:40 EDT

At 10:48 AM 4/7/2006, you wrote:
>A Frenchman travelling in the US, I have my 2100 which was exposed to X-rays
>and which is now asking me upon start whether I want to erase all data or
>not -- and goes blank after my "no".

This is the response to the hard reset brain wipe sequence. The question to
ask is how did you get that sequence. You need to press the reset button
and turn the machine on at the same time.

So, since you are just starting up the system by turning it on, we can
deduce that the reset button is being pushed as well. Either you have a
third hand pressing the reset button (as my graphic design teacher said
"hands on the table please"), or the reset button got stuck.

Give the case a twist.

>Thanks in advance,
>Regards,
>Ch.