Re: [NTLK] eMate on steroids!

From: Robert Masters (rdm_at_enfield.lympago.com)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 23:11:31 PDT

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 09:44:45PM -0500, Bryan Law wrote:
> Yep it's pretty awesome. Unfortunately they will not be available for
> individual sale. I know plenty of people in my area who need a low
> cost, fully functional, durable laptop(Including myself!). I think
> I'll make a petition...
> On Sep 30, 2005, at 4:07 AM, Robert Masters wrote:
> > This appeared in the news (and /.) today:
> > http://laptop.media.mit.edu/

Actually, they intend to licence out the design, so that other
manufacturers can produce the same low-cost unit for private sale. The
idea is that by doing so they scuttle the grey market somewhat.

So, while we may have a little more of a wait, and have to spend a
little more, we will be able to get our greasy little paws on them!

-Rob

--
Rob Masters.
Sysadmin, gamer, birder, SF fan, climber, geocacher. Just your all-round geek.