Re: [NTLK] Why Did Apple Kill the Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 09:14:08 PDT

"Steve Jobs set back the state of handwriting
recognition two years by killing Newton," said Conrad
Blickenstorfer. "He shelved the best HWR technology on
the planet, and canned the most compelling device ever
made to deliver it. It is a giant leap backwards."

:-(

Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- John Hay <OceanCity_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Excellent all-time overview summary of the rise and
> fall of Newton here:

<http://pencomputing.com/Newton/AppleKillsNewton(PCM22).html>

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

http://mail.yahoo.com