[NTLK] [OT] Nokia 770 vs. Newton

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Sep 28 2005 - 16:39:16 PDT

Adyson,
Wow, this product looks promising.
I didn't see the price, do you know what it is?
As for HR, this looks promising as well as the FAQ states

 How does the handwriting recognition work?
When the handwriting recognition is turned on, you can write with the
stylus on the screen, using your personal handwriting style. To input
text with the handwriting recognition, tap the area on the screen where
you want to write and start writing the characters.

 How do I train the device to understand my handwriting style?
The device recognizes several different writing styles, but you can also
train the device to recognize your personal style with the training
program located in the control panel of the device."

I think I my by psyched! Will have to stay tuned.
Please post any new info if you are following this.
Are you planning on getting one?

I wonder what "negatives" this unit may have when compared with a Newton 2100?

John <http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/BlindCourtesyCopies.html>

9/28/05 ADyson issued the following and I have taken literary license
to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?