Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - Photographers

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 04:24:28 PDT

Yes, this is true as well.

Personally I avoid ever using any flash when shooting as it whitewashes
out all the deep beautiful colors that come through by using a slower
shutter speed. Unless it's an extreme situation I can even hand hold the
camera and get sharp images down to say 1/30 or 1/15 second. Below that
however I'd probably need to rest the camera on something or use a
tripod. For example, both of these were shot hand held:

<http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/sunrise.JPG>
<http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/alanis_400-72.jpg>

9/19/05 Frank Gruendel issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?