[NTLK] 1984.pkg

From: Andreas Nijenhuis (Andreas.nijenhuis_at_laposte.net)
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 06:12:19 PDT

Hello John,

You make me curious : please do make the 1984.pkg available somewhere =
indeed.

I read somewhere that there has been a QuickTime version for Newton
demoed by Apple, on an eMate. Maybe the 1984.pkg is some of teaser,
showing movie abalities of the Newton. Just a guess, don't shoot if I'm
wrong...

Best regards,

Andreas

Le samedi 17 septembre 2005, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
(newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net) a =E9crit :

>From: "John Hay" <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] 1984.pkg
>Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:48:00 -0400
>
>I found a package on one of the original boxed CD's that shipped with
>the production Newtons in the late '90's called 1984.pkg. It's 2.4MB
>according to the Finder on my PowerMac, with a modified date of
>10/28,2000 at 6:27AM. No doubt, I'm hoping, it's a running version of
>the famed 1984 Superbowl ad in some form which will play on the Newton.

[...]