[NTLK] Postral Odyssey (Sort of off-topic)

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 18:18:30 PDT

Well, a letter I sent off way back in April of this year finally came back home to roost today.
I had attempted to contact the folks who invented the "VideoPhone" Newton software, to see if I might cajole them into releasing the source code. Sent two letters to offices of Paragon Software, one to Russia, the other to Germany. After a good four months, one of the letters came back.

The bad part: All of that effort did not pay off in getting us closer to more Newton development goodness. Oh so close, and yet, oh so far...

The good part: It was kind of cool that for 80 cents (plus all of the federal subsidy dollars) I could send a letter from one Third World country (The United States) to another Third World country (Russia).

I'll keep trying, though!

Matt the K.
Detroit (recently determined to have the worst poverty rate of any major U.S. city), Michigan, USA

P.S. Been busy with a real honest to God paying job, but more eBook development will be on the way soon!