Re: [NTLK] No more Type 10 error, but less hair

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 10:26:45 PDT

On Sep 3, 2005, at 4:41 AM, John Hay wrote:
<snip>
It's not that hard, really it isn't.

> I know it shouldn't be, but with my luck I always seem to run up
> against lots of bottlenecks along the way. In the end though it's a
> positive learning experience. This is how we learn. I will
> prevail.
I'm glad you at least have a nice attitude about it. Why don't you try
answering my previous questions about NCU preferences and how you are
connecting to Newton?
> I may even start all over from the very beginning this time
> with the GeeThree serial [in place of the modem] board installed and
> do a fresh Classic full install.
You don't need to do that!
> Since this box is being dedicated
> to creating the perfect legacy 9.2.2 platform I have nothing else on
> the drive so it's an easy clean deal to just start from the
> beginning.
It's a waste of time.
> I know it should all just work, but obviously something
> is stuck.
If NCU is launching all right, and you reinstall the Stealth, or even
install the keyspan and it's associated drivers. That will work.

When you start up NCU and open the Edit/Preferences menu option, what
does that look like?

Did you try connecting from NCU to the Newt?

Marty