Re: [NTLK] OT: connectivity from ibook to linux

From: Mr. David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 03 2005 - 10:08:25 PDT

10.3 has no issues finding and reading NFS or SMB shares so you
should be able to talk to the Linux box without issue. I have done it
in the past on occasion. I take it you are sharing a directory from
the Linux box and want to connect to it on the iBook?
It sounds like you are browsing to find the Linux box. Have you
attempted to enter its IP address or its host name and share point
into the Connect to Server dialog on the iBook? Out of curiosity, are
you sharing files off the Linux box using NFS or SMB?

David