Re: [NTLK] New Apple user need suggestions!

From: Tyler Regas (tyler_at_pdahandyman.com)
Date: Thu Sep 01 2005 - 17:06:04 PDT

You will find it in the System Preferences under the Apple menu. One
this to note is that OS9 will need to be installed and upgraded to
9.2.2 to work. You can test this by going to Apple Menu > System
Preferences > Classic and clicking the Start button in the Start/Stop
tab. If you don't have it installed, you will need to do it yourself.
If you have the CD, it won't be hard, unless the PowerBook you are
getting (have gotten) is one of the more recent ones. The new Macs
are no longer supposed to be able to boot into OS9.

The good news is that even if you cannot install OS9 for any reason,
you can simply copy it from an installer CD onto your hard drive. OS9
does not need to be formally installed in order to run. If there is a
Finder and a System Suitcase inside of a System Folder somewhere on a
Mac, it will boot it up. Just be warned that versions of OS9 earlier
than 9.1 cannot switch to the OSX system in the Startup Disk control
panel.

If you have any more questions, post 'em!

Tyler