Re: [NTLK] Daily Backups to Flash Cards

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 04:32:06 PDT

This is of special interest in and of the fact that if it is true it is
the only way I am aware of to fight back against potential generic soup
corruption.

Over time, the possibilities for _any_ data base, particularly at their
lowest levels, only increase due to time and motion. Even with good
software design errors can occur due to hardware problems, etc.

So, it is of interest to me to learn if what Woo speaks of can be
cooberated. Probably Woo in in the best position to nail this down or to
elaborate on possible alternative maintenance approaches.

I do not know of any housekeeping packages, although surely they must
exist, and of those which one(s) are the best, along the lines of Disk
Warriro, et.

John

10/27/05 W L issued the following and I have taken literary license to
pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?