[NTLK] Five Speed software (Wakeup Call)

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 07:07:55 PDT

Thank you, Mason, for giving the Newton folks an October software sale. Had it not been for your posting, I would not have known about your wakeup Call application (I just sent in my on-line order for this app, and I am looking forward to receiving it or the registration codes, whatever). \

I already have Dashboard, and though I don't use it every day, I admire it as a very nice application. Perhaps I need a "Read Me" file for this app, so that I can learn how to use the advanced scripts features. Is there a "Read Me" file for this somewhere in e-Book format?

I've been griping for the longest time about the lack of a repeatable or otherwise programmable sound generator application for the Newton (I visualized that perhaps Mad Max or Mod player could have been tweaked to accomplish this task). I see from your Wakeup Call documentation and screen prints that I can sort of use your alarm app "backwards" to accomplish this task: I plan to either record from my CDs of rain forest sounds or my sound generator appliance (One of those electronic tabletop devices one plugs in to playback synthesized nature sounds for a set interval, to help fight insomnia, neighbor's barking dogs, etc). Then, I'll set up the alarm function of your app to go off in a minute and play back a series of pre-recorded sounds to help me sleep. I'm hoping the playback duration interval can be set for a relatively lengthy time period. Now, I'll have a sound generator of sorts on my Newton, all nice and portable! It should help me to relax (Usually I just shoot
  squirrels out the bathroom window for that!) Thanks, Mason! :O)