[NTLK] Help on programming

From: Martin Jean (martinjean_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 18:17:12 PDT

Hi,
I have downloaded and played a little with NTK. I have also started
reading the book by MCKEEHAN and RHODES (Programming for the Newton:
Using Macintosh). So far, it seems that there is a lot to learn
before being able to realise my two programming projects.

The first one (and the easiest, I think) is a little calculator to
help me find the best deal at the grocery store. I want to enter two
series of price and quantity and the program will tell me which one
is the best deal.

The second is a grocery application similar to SplashShopper or
HandyShopper on the Palm universe. No offense to Laurent Daudelin but
I want something simpler than NewtGrocery. I am then willing to try
develop it myself, even get inspired by the source code of Laurent.

I am searching for some coaching on getting started. I have started
to read the excellent "NewtApp NTK Tutorial" by Paul Guyot, but
AFAIK, it is not complete (Paul, I understand that you're trying to
finish your Ph.D. and finding a job).

With all the documentation, I am not sure by which should I start?
Would it be easier to me to go toward NS BASIC?

Any suggestions? Any willingness to share programming knowledge to a
newbie?

Thanks for your help,

M a r t i n J e a n
martinjean_at_mac.com