[NTLK] [ANN] Halloween Challenge -- The Horror, oh, the Horror!

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Oct 25 2005 - 12:24:13 PDT

Subject: [NTLK] [ANN] Halloween Challenge -- The Horror, oh, the
Horror!
From: DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko () gmx ! net>
Date: 2005-10-24 18:56:12

>-- create blood-freezing and hair-raising sound collections to be used
>as Halloween-system/alarm sounds etc. (for the events that you can
>assign sounds to and how, see
>http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/ChangeSystemSounds
>-- any additional tricks appreciated!). You could even make several
>horror-themed sound sets (like ghost stuff, monster stuff, haunted
>house/cemetary, best horror screams). If you need any sources of such
>audio stuff cos ye too clumsy fer Google or have misplaced yer
>clanking ball-'n'-chain and that screaming lady, drop me a line, I'll
be
>horrified to help!

Oh, this is delightfully horrible! So I asks "do scary soundfiles!" and
them zombies asks me "how do?" -- only I don't know, and the Wiki don't
say, either!
Somebody pls. write a HowTo quick, or post links to veeeery nicely
understandable, n00bie-compatible instructions, pretty pretty awful
please. Please, Or rather: Obey! Obey NOW!

>-- make Newton sing yer favorite monster songs
>( http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MakeNewtonSing ).
>Get the lyrics and see how you can make Newtie sing... Bet its
>gonny be pretty monstrous! ;=}

Por exemplo you could make the Newton sing Cthulhu Mythos-Solstice
carols. Sheet music for five horrible carols available for free here
http://www.cthulhulives.org/Solstice/index.html . Instructions to the
whole Newton Text-to-Speech experience at
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MakeNewtonSpeakText and
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/MakeNewtonSing .

>P.P.S.: Talking about sound... SysPatch 0.5b
>http://download.planetnewton.com/download/Util/Security20.htm
>by Hongkong's
>Richard C.L. Li claims to do something regarding "Global sound
>functions", whatever that means.
>Q: Could somebody pls. investigate?
>Q: What's that Patch improving, anyway?

Any pointers on this?