[NTLK] Wanted: Artist for illustration of title page of user's manual

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Oct 23 2005 - 15:51:55 PDT

Hi folks,

With more than 1500 people on this list, there MUST
be one or two who are capable of putting something
recognizable and visually pleasing on paper...

The release of the first version of BattLog is coming closer.
I am currently working on the user's manual in pdf format.

BattLog is an application that allows you to log
the capacity and discharge characteristics of Newton
or eMate batteries. Repeated usage will almost always
improve the capacity, insofar BattLog also acts as
a battery refresher.
I haven't the slightest idea of how to express this in
an illustration, but even if I had, it wouldn't help because
I am completely unable to draw anything recognizable.

I am looking for someone who can do an illustration
for the manual's title page. If you can draw and are
interested in internal fame, this is your chance.

If you want, I will mention your name and web site on
BattLog's web page regardless of whether your submission
is chosen or not.

If required, I would pay for the illustration, either
in Newton hardware or in (up to 50 USD) PayPal money.
However, if more than one is submitted, or if I do not
like what you submit, it might happen that someone else
will get this. Please keep that in mind before
spending time on trying to help me out.

The manual's page size is A4. The only text is
"BattLog User's Manual" (not sure whether the
capitalization is correct), which might or might not
be integrated in the drawing.

I'm not sure if "drawing" or "illustration" are the
correct words here. If you feel like submitting a painting
or whatever else might improve a title page, please feel
free to do so.

The image format doesn't really matter, but if it is the
same to you, I'd suggest bmp or jpg. If you send it
in compressed format, please use the zip format.

I will NOT release BattLog before the user's manual is
finished, so it is in your best interest to submit many
drawings as soon as possible ;-)

Thanks a lot

Frank