[NTLK] Where can I buy an IR device so our emates can talk with our desktop computers?

From: Susan Sedro (ssedro_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 22 2005 - 20:38:33 PDT

I am the very happy new owner of 10 eMates. My students and I are most eager
to put them into almost constant use. Our classroom computers are still
running Mac OS 9.2 or older. We can use serial cables to download. However,
it would be very slick to use IR. None of the computers have a built-in IR
port. Is there an add-on peripheral that can give us that ability? Would it
be better if I brought some or all of the computers up to OS X or would that
make it harder to tranfer data from the eMates?
Does any one have words of advice for me as I get these computers set up to
talk to the eMates via serial cables? Any teachers out there who can give me
advice on processes and procedures to establish in the the classroom to
improve work flow with these shared machines?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.
Susan