Re: [NTLK] Internal Memory Expansion Project; Final Call

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Fri Oct 21 2005 - 07:17:25 PDT

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Internal Memory Expansion Project; Final Call
From: Woody Smith <woodysmith () comcast ! net>
Date: 2005-10-21 12:41:12

>We all wish for more heap but I don't think so.
>My understanding is that heap is maxed out at 4 meg.
>In previous discussions david was discussing the flash memory that
>you liken to a hard drive.

List, pls. read my post from one or two days ago on that topic and
follow the links provided by me to the discussion back then.

To recap: David asked about what the list would like him to work on
next, internal BT or more memory or what. Everybody jumped for more
mem, but as David explained then, he was talking about increasing the
mem that is used as internal storage, *not* the mem that's used for
heap, as there are certain limitations (maybe somebody could summarize
that for the Wiki? Where all the Newbies at?). After that was
clarified, many who were originall very excited about this said such a
storage expansion be nice but felt that a nice big storage card would
do the job for them on MP2k.

Go back, read them thread(s).

D.