[NTLK] blunt, pico and discovering devices

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 10:19:43 PDT

Subject: [NTLK] blunt, pico and discovering devices
From: Madscientist <madscientist () macunlimited ! net>
Date: 2005-10-19 11:46:23

>has anyone else had trouble getting the pico card under blunt 0.7.7 had
>trouble with it discovering other devices and if so, did you ever
solve it?

No, never had any probs (besides having selected BT connected to wrong
card slot. Check that.

>every time I tell it to discover devices, it comes up blank and no
other
>devices can discover the newton. currently there are 2 other devices-a
>belkin usb dongle and a nokia 7600, which can both see eachother fine.

So they are okay, right...

>but for some reason, if you go to in/out and tell it to recieve btobex
and
>tell a computer to send a file, the computer will pick up the newton
and
>will be able to send it, so the bluetooth is definitly working....

So you receive stuff but no joy sending?

>has anyone got any ideas of what to try next to narrow the problem
down?

Pls. check "Complete Moron's Manual(TM) to BluntSetup" at
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/UsingBluetoothIndex . That
page describes in very detailed steps how I found Bluetooth-joy.

On that Moron's Manual page some sections could use additional input,
e.g. everybody and their grannies but be much happy if somebody could
fill out the howto for VPN via Bluetooth (yes, slow now, but gonna be
fast as light once Blunt 2 comes out -- I hope ;=} ) and web browsing
(hint hint hint). So if somebody could spend some time on that...

Cheers,

D.