Re: [NTLK] Converge

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 08:25:29 PDT

Interesting point.
After all the discussions, all of merit, yet another worth consideration.

I guess that if you had your Newton with you and didn't have your cell
phone then it would make perfect sense to use the Newton as a phone and
as you say the space is even correct!

Assuming the above to be a valid premiss, then what would be the real-
world chances of getting a Newton to emulate what a cell phone does? I
have no idea, just wondering if it would even be within the realm of
possibility. Obviously some type of a card would be needed, but would
such an animal even exist ? Then how'd you do all the coding to make
the hardware and the software actually work? Who know, perhaps there
was a provision made in the original design that ended up in production
somehow whereby this could become a reality ?

In any event, not being an engineer [I only play one on TV] I would not
even have a glimmer of a clue as to the feasibility of this wishful
thinking but I'm sure this topic has come up before.

It is "possible" ?

Oh yah, sorry, forgot my first rule. Anything is possible ;-)

What's the bottom line?

John

10/17/05 Victor Rehorst issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?