Re: [NTLK] MP130 Rebooting

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Sun Oct 16 2005 - 10:46:26 PDT

> I have a MP130 that has started to reboot once
> or twice a day with a message to the effect of
> "Rebooted because power was interrupted".=20
> However, it started doing this when the battery
> level was over 70%.=20
> Anyone have an idea on what is happening?
> Could it be time to change the backup battery?

As people have suggested, make sure to verify if
the problem persists when using new alkaline
batteries AFTER the contacts were cleaned thoroughly.

In my experience the most likely reason (considering
it is a 130 of which every single unit will eventually
develop this disease) is what I describe here:

    http://www.pda-soft.de/mp130fixes.html

If you don't feel up do doing this repair (which should
be done anyway regardless of whether a 130 is currently
acting up or not), there are people on this list (myself
included) who can do it for you.

Good luck

Frank