Re: [NTLK] Converge

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 14 2005 - 04:45:13 PDT

True. My only point was that if the sum total of whatever you "need" to
carry is in bulk bigger than you can fit unnoticeably in pocket(s) then
it's unacceptable. Personally I don't want to strap a back-pack on just
to make a phone call or access my calendar. At least if you can "break
up" the size and distribute the bulk between more than one pocket then
you can avoid "pocket bulge" visibility and discomfort.

In the end, some devices are inherently suited to certain form-factors,
and furthermore must answer to our subjective needs as well. For
example, the RAZR phone, to me, is the ultimate size and design because
I can see and press the keys, I can comfortably hold the phone to my ear
and hear without having to move the phone's mic to my mouth then back to
my ear to hear, etc. The Newton on the other hand is the perfect screen
size for my bad eyes because if it were smaller I could not read it. If
I had better eyesight then it would be a different matter, plus I'm
dyslexic which does not help any.

10/14/05 Lord Groundhog issued the following and I have taken literary
license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?