Re: [NTLK] Wireless NIC Drivers Registration, and more

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 10:29:55 PDT

Le 12 oct. 05 =E0 18:33, Zoont Foomby a =E9crit :

> If I decide that I need the ATA driver for some project or by some =20
> date, should I
> send in registration a month early, or does he get back to you over =20=

> night?

Registration is done manually, and I always respond within 72 hours.

I have to do it because of my contract with one of the payment =20
processing system I use (Yaskifo, also the most expensive). Their =20
system is such that they only charge after 72 hours, and I have been =20
able to cancel a couple of orders before they charged the credit card.

And usually I respond quicker anyway. When I can't (away from the =20
Internet), I close the registration page.

> NEXT: Has anyone explored a PNG translator for NewtsCape. If we =20
> want Newtons
> to not be stuck in the past, we need to move with the times and get =20=

> some PNG
> viewing ability while surfing the web. I'd be interested in writing =20=

> such a
> tool myself, but have no idea where to start - I've never developed =20=

> on a
> Newton. The only image Translator I've written was for BeOS, and I =20
> suspect
> the environments are different significantly. I'm, BTW, suggesting =20
> we go
> full tilt and get transparent PNGs - we could implement PNGs as =20
> poorly as
> IE5 does and still be better off.

I believe Simon Bell implemented PNG support in his Image framework. =20
If not, I probably have something lying on my hard drive that does =20
it, too.

Paul
--=20
Ministre ultrapl=E9nipotentiaire en disponibilit=E9.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.
http://www.kallisys.com/
http://www-poleia.lip6.fr/~guyot/