Re: [NTLK] WARNING: Newbie question [was: "Re: Re(2): Month :: mundane"]

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 21:07:42 PDT

On Oct 4, 2005, at 3:47 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> The explanation of "soups" makes me think that the Newton stores data
> in
> some kind of native, raw condition, and the different packages are
> simply
> ways of handling or accessing and arranging how it appears, rather than
> different ways of storing as on a PC or Mac.
>
> Is that close, or do I still not understand?

I think that's right, as long as you are referring to a shared
soup(like dates or names). Programs can also create there own soups
which are private, or at least aren't known to the system or other
programs.

I am a lightweight in this area, having only experimented with Newton
software and never making anything particularly useful (to others)...
So I welcome more authoritative answers.

Marty