Re: [NTLK] 2x00 in eMate case

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 11:49:42 PDT

> 2. Is there a way to supercharge an eMate's memory to
> perform at or near the levels of the 2x00 series?

No.

> 3. Is the eMate's built in keyboard the same as a
> Newton external keyboard in terms of it's pin-outs
> and wiring

No.

if I wanted to replace the eMate's screen with the
entire guts of a Newton 2000 or 2100 and then wire
the eMate keyboard to the newly installed Newton would
the two be compatible

No. Apart from the fact that it is almost impossible
electrically since the LCD and keyboard cables and
connections are completely different, you wouldn't
be able to fit the 2x00 mainboard in in a way that would
allow access to even one card slot, let alone both.

Cheers

Frank