Re: [NTLK] Expense Plus (printing using LPR to OSX)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 2005 - 11:55:56 PST

On Nov 25, 2005, at 10:47 AM, Brian wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion Woody -
>
> I went to the HP website and downloaded an updated set of drivers
> (9/9/2005) and installed them.
>
> Alas no change - still nothing under the HP IP Printing.

There shouldn't be! it's not an IP printer, it prints via USB only.

This is luckily irrelevant to our goal, as the mac will handle the IP
side of things. The HP driver ASSUMING it's standard (yikes) will
handle the connection to the printer(via USB)... Woody's printer is
different, which led to this small confusion.

Did you try going to the http://localhost:631 webpage on the mac that
is connected to the printer and printing a test page from there? That
would increase my confidence that this will work...

Also, do you have another mac lying about? If so, you could try
configuring that one, to print to the LPR spool on the first mac. You
would do this by NOT installing HP's driver, but by adding a new
printer under LPR printers and pointing it to the IP address of the mac
connected to the printer.

Still not giving up,
Marty