[NTLK] eMate, Newton 2x00 for sale

From: James Grubic (jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 14:54:58 PST

Hello all,

I will be posting the following items together as a package on eBay
soon, but I wanted to post them here first in case any diehards were
interested in buying first.

1 - eMate 300, excellent condition, with stylus. Backlight functional,
screen and casing in great shape. Unit does function with original
battery when charged, but I do occasionally get a battery error message.
Important note on this unit - I do not have a cable for it and I was
never able to sync it via Infrared to my PowerBook, so I cannot
guarantee that it will sync.

1 - Newton 2000 upped to 2100. Missing plastic screen cover. Backlight
functional, screen in acceptable shape. Original battery died and I
replaced it with a home built battery unit (did an average job building
it...but it works). This item was bought used so is a bit beat up. I had
been running the Newton webserver software on it. No cables!

1 - 32MB PCMCIA memory card, formatted to 4MB on Newton using the ATA
software. You would need to inquire about purchasing a license of the
software to get the full 32MB.

1 - PCMCIA to CompactFlash Adapter with 8MB CompactFlash (not formatted
for Newton yet).

3 - Newton CDs. One CD is labeled "Mega Newton", the other two are the
"Newton Collection". I bought these off eBay and haven't really
investigated them.

1 - Newton Power Adapter, successfully powers up and charges the eMate
or the Newton.

Please note that I do not have any of the original packaging or manuals
because this stuff was purchased used. I also do not have any
connectivity cables. These items are offered as is.

Why am I selling? Fortune has been harsh lately and I need the money. I
also have been focusing more on the Treo 600 and the HP Jornada 720.

The eMate is surprisingly heavy, so if you are going to buy this item
please take into account shipping costs. Shipping will be via USPS from
Montana.

Any questions, let me know. I can accept PayPal if someone is interested.

James