Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: Deborah Mitchell (debbym1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 22:33:21 PST

After reading what Paul has to say, it seems to me that a good,
maintainable solution would be difficult to achieve for one person,
but is possible, if still not easy, for a team.

Maybe what we need is a committed team with an experienced Newt
programmer as main architect, and enough other people coding so the
load won't be a burden on any one person? And a design phase before
any product coding is done.

Of course, the community would need to make a commitment to support
the team. There'd be things non-programmers could do, like testing,
documentation, project management, website maintenance, that sort of
thing. Just taking an interest would be important.

Then there's the financial considerations. It looks like some are
willing to pay a fair price. Will there be enough people willing to
do so to promote development and continued technical support?

I'm still game, if anyone with the right experience is willing to
step up as architect.