Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 21:25:09 PST

On Nov 17, 2005, at 6:49 PM, James Wages wrote:
<snip>
> And as I stated before, this project would require the
> support of the entire Newton community to not only initiate it, but
> also
> bring it to completion.
<snip>

Why? This isn't true as far as I can see. There is a lot of work done
already via the DCL project and several people have already mentioned
working on this type of program via Newtsync as well.

I hope someone here will whip a new version of a newton connection
utility that incorporates the graphical ease of use of the original and
the more modern approach of DCL.

The "Get busy" or "do something" that you refer to is intended to spur
you on to looking into the DCL source and setting up a development
system of you own if you don't have one already. Apparently you are a
programmer, so I don't know why you refuse to admit that you can do
this, and we are all waiting on you ;~)

Marty

PS What up with the list today? Kind of testy? Full moon or something?