Re: [NTLK] Stylus advice

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 09:42:05 PST

On 17/11/05 11:57, "Matthew Reidsma" <reidsma_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Howdy Listers,
>
> I've been combing through the archives and reading up on what people have to
> say about stylii, but I have an issue that hasn't been addressed (at least as
> far as I can tell). My trusty MP2100 has always had trouble sensing the light
> pressure that I put on it with the stylus during long writing sessions. I
> normally use a Cross PDA pen, which is a fairly soft and flexible tip, and so
> the light pressure and the soft tip combine to make for many unregistered
> letters and a crabby disposition for me. I can get fine registration if I use
> the built-in stylus and press harder, but the Newton Stylus isn't exactly
> comfortable for long writing sessions, and pressing hard makes my hand cramp
> up.
>
> So, I bought a few other after-market stylii, none as nice as the Cross, and
> tried them out. Some scratched my NuShield almost immediately (Thank goodness
> for the NuShield!) and others had the same problem as the Cross--poor
> response.
> The most recent (and best) of the bunch was the Pilot Pentopia pan, but it
> still drops letters now and then.
>
> So, here's my question: anyone had good advice on a comfortable stylus with a
> decently hard writing tip that won't scratch my screen? Or, could this be a
> problem with my screen perhaps? (Although it seems like it has followed me
> through several Newtons over the years).

I've been exclusively using a Rotring Quattro Executive pen over the last
few years. I'm also wearing a screen protector, though, because you never
know when some debris will stick to the stylus and ruin your screen...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA