Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Nov 16 2005 - 12:35:25 PST

DJ Vollkasko wrote:

>> Like which? What does it have to do with sound functions? Richard
>> wrote somewhere it fixed problems with that... only: What problems?
>
> Still curious about that... Any takers?

It's described here, bugs in the I/O box and a few other built-in apps:

http://www.ee.cityu.edu.hk/~clli/syspatch.html

> And what's the "Super -10061 Fix" Richard's patch offers? Anybody know
> this?

The "Super" fix is that, instead of just rebuilding the package cache on power
off, it will run the rebuild every X seconds in the background. You *will*
notice a slowdown if you turn this on though.

I've never had any problems with Heaven or Hell though.