[NTLK] newton 2100 and connectivity

From: Heidi Angove (heidi_at_slowboil.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 06:57:40 PST

a big hello to you all and a thank you for making such a valuable resource for the noble newton.

I have just purchased my first 2100 and need some advice on how to transfer software to it.

here are the resources I currently have at my disposal:

- G4 laptop running tiger.
- win98 laptop with infared port
- linksys wireless card
- 4 meg newton pcmcia card
- a blank newton messagepad 130

here are the resources I could have at my disposal with a bit of begging:
- crappy old g3 workstation with serial connector
- serial cable (I'd need to make it up from parts)

any clues as to how I can hook my newton into the world? Any assistance appreciated.

cheers

Heidi

--
"Farts are jazz to assholes"