Re: [NTLK] Newton Glyphs

From: Jon Scordia (jscordia_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 05:21:23 PST

I may be wrong but I thought the whole point of the pdf format is that you don't have to have the font installed to read a document in its full glory. All postscript info is embedded. I can see the smooth edges of the Newton logo and graphics on the pdf here on my work PC. Zoomed in hugely.

I usually save pdfs as post script files then drop them into Illustrator or Corel or whatever vector graphics package we're using, or in some cases can open the pdf(dependant on version) right up in those packages and cut and paste the objects out. They remain as post script definitions, ie smooth, not pixelated.

BUT, for some reason I can't do that with the CC's pdf. Strange. Do you think they're on to me?!

Jon.