Re: [NTLK] Native installer for NCU and OS X Update

From: James Wages (james_at_kiramek.com)
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 19:03:32 PST

On 11/15/05 11:36 AM, Deborah Mitchell wrote:
> We live in a supply-and-demand economy

Deborah, I couldn't agree more. And by reflecting on the number of posts
with the heading "Native installer for NCU and OS X Update" on this list, it
would appear that the "demand" is there. Not just empty demand either, but
rather people who are posting prices they are willing to pay for software
that does not yet exist! The question now is becoming, who WOULDN'T want to
program this NCU replacement? :-) For surely, such a modern replacement
for NCU would become one of the most popular Newton software apps of all
time.

I'm quite confident some programmer out there is willing to give it a try.
And it is my hope that we, the Newton community, can actively assist such a
programmer to follow through with that project to completion. Only with
Newton user support will such a project have any meaning -- a project that
is started with a time-for-completion deadline, as opposed to a never-ending
hobby that forever remains unfinished.

--James Wages