Re: [NTLK] Filemaker Pro / Newton solution

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 15:25:09 PST

Iggie,

> I'm enquiring about a solution to transfer data from my Filemaker Pro
> 3 and up to my newton and then back.

Your best bet is NewtDB v1.3 which will transfer tab-delimited ASCII
text files back and forth and is a pretty good DB in its own right. I
setup some commercial solutions with it last year and it has proved
robust with hundreds of records. FilePad can get a bit funny about
getting your data out - which is a pain.

The problem is that the developer (David Pompea) can be reluctant to
give out new registrations but if you ask him very nicely he might do
it. Assuming you can still reach him at DMPSystems_at_compuserve.com

Emphasize that you will not be asking for any support and will
transfer any funds by whatever means are convenient to him.

I can send you the whole package if you wish.

Joel.