Re: [NTLK] StowAway Keyboard

From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 13:37:52 PST

>From: Grant Hutchinson <grant_at_splorp.com>
>Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:58:50 -0700

>John Charlton released a beta version of the Stowaway keyboard driver
>this summer. My apologies for not getting around to updating the
>Stowaway project page with the new information. The new driver can be
>downloaded here:

>http://newted.dyndns.org/users/jdtc/packages/StowAway.pkg

>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=112486109925834ct now! Don't delay! Reason may soon prevail!

Thanks Grant, I had lost track of the link. John's version of the
driver provides a massive improvement in stability. Only a very few
key-combinations can make it crash & disconnect, none of which should
be used intentionally. I was allowed to let loose my luser skills on
the source in order to make a version supporting a German keyboard
layout. At the moment I am still waiting for John to come back to be
about it though, for I just cannot get NDK to run on my machine and
therefore cannot compile it on my own -> no idea whether I screwed up.

Oliver :)

--
Act now! Don't delay! Reason may soon prevail!