Re: [NTLK] HoldNewt

From: John (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 05:26:48 PST

Nice Design.
Form follows function.
Looks like we've got yet another creative genius on our hands! Ikes!
I think the concept at the core of this inventive structure is in it's
multi-pivotal and multi-dimensional ability to convert from a 3-
dimensional functional framework all the way down to a flat plain in
theory. Such would also appear to be the case with Jon's folding stand,
which BTY I still need a price and an eMail address to order a few of
these please ;-) What's the hold up ;-)

I think functionally the difference between Jon and Robinsons's designs
is that Jon's will disappear into effect a what amounts to virtually a
flat panel and has no keyboard retention or angling, yet Robinson's
grips the Newton keyboard (but probably would not work with a Stowaway
as a Stowaway needs to lay flat) keyboard and might end up a wider thickness.

I am not an engineer so I'm not positive about this differences and
distinctions, perhaps Jon and Robinson and further clarify. As always
I'll be happy to post anything anyone needs published to a pubic server
such as the drop site I set up for this purpose at <http://1234zzzz.com/
pub/> so if you want just email me your high res images, along with what
ever text you want in a separate .txt or .rtf file or whatever, then
I'll optimize it all in PhotoShop and post it for all to view.

John

11/8/05 robinson issued the following and I have taken literary license
to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?