Re: [NTLK] NewtUSB (prototype)

From: Joseph S. Solin (jsolin_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 06:00:00 PST

Very nice. Can you elaborate on the drivers needed to recognize the connection? Any chance you would consider making this an 18" cable? How about a version with the interconnect connect on one end and the usb on the other.

I am also very interested in your Newton stand. Would I use my own Newton keyboard or are you building one into the stand. If it is built in, consider making a version that just allows us to park our own keyboard on it. This would save $$. In fact I would prefer to move my keyboard around to where I'd like it. You could also reduce the molding for the keyboard area.

If you are adding accessory connections, then I'd suggest:

1) single cable from newton to stand hub - include native interconnect connection dropping need for dongle

2) Newton keyboard connection

3) USB connection - the small more square one found on a printer

4) audio in connection for Newton Mic

5) audio out connection - has both bands active so I would get mono sound in stereo headphones

6) usb accessory connection so I could power a usb light - illumination for keyboard

7) Newton power adapter connection - so I can power and charge

Looking forward to ordering one.

- Joe Solin