Re: [NTLK] NewtUSB (prototype)

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 02:43:55 PST

Il giorno 03/nov/05, alle ore 01:05, Deborah Mitchell ha scritto:

> I like it. I'd buy a couple. Even though I have a Keyspan, this looks
> smaller and easier to lug around.

I am realy happy to hear your positive response about the way i built
the NewtUSB.

Note that NewtUSB can be used for both modem/printer connections
using only one connector,
while the Keyspan is bigger just cause of the presence of the rarely
needed second serial port.

> It'd be even better if it were a cable with USB on one end and a
> Newton-type connector on the other.

Making the NewtUSB with the form of a dongle, it could be used with
existing Newton accessories
other than with devices which differs from the MessagePad. Then it
could be used with some dedicated accessories i made.
More info later.

> I also like the Desk Stand. I'd buy one of those too.

During past weeks i have been really near to run production for the
Clear Dock...
.....then i had the idea to develop dedicated hardware for it:

  - Clear Dock will be intended as a Newton hub, so that it will have
new hardware accessories for the MessagePad built in.

Kind regards,

Adriano Angelillis

'Green is better'
http://www.homepage.mac.com/adriano.angelillis/