Re: [NTLK] OT: can someone point me to a good Mac OS X help forum?

From: Lord Groundhog (LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 02 2005 - 18:23:15 PST

Paul,=20

You've already been pointed in the direction of a few good sites. Dependin=
on where you live you might also try your local Mac User Group. They vary
in quality and setup, but when they're good, they're *very* good.
(Consider this my personal invitation to you or anyone to drop in and see
the Oxford MUG if you're ever in that part of the UK.)

The thing about a MUG is that as a support community it's really hard to
beat. A lot like being in NewtonTalk in fact. :) But together with
the net forums and such, I find it hard to imagine being stuck with a
problem for very long.

You can start by going the "official" way:
<http://www.apple.com/usergroups/find/>
That page has links you can follow according to your location and
inclination. =20

If you're in the UK or Ireland, you can go here:
<http://www.macusersuk.org/>

(And of course there are other MUGs in other parts of the world. It's the
fond hope of some of us that eventually MUGs will have cordial and active
contacts stretching around the world and into most/all countries.)

Other thing: I know at least 2 other people in my MUG who also are
Newton-users. In fact, the guy who got me started with the Newt and pointe=
me to this group is from my MUG.

All the best. =20

Shalom.=20
Christian=20

=B3Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.=B2
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/

Refresh yourself from our MUG: http://www.oxmug.org/

~~~ On 2005/11/01 17:24, Paul Jerry at pajerry_at_memlane.com wrote ~~~