Re: [NTLK] Planning to get a MP2000

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sat May 28 2005 - 10:13:31 PDT

Hi
Things you might consider.

One of the most distressing problems that can occur with the 2x00
series Newtons is JAGGIES. If you are buying from a person that you
know, try handwriting on it for a while and make sure that the spot
that you place the stylus is the same as where the digital ink shows
up. use all areas of the screen. Whether it interprets your writing
correctly does not matter, it will learn.

search these archives for Jaggies.

If it doesn't come with a Newton power adapter, you will need to get
one. Use only a newton labeled adapter.

consider connectivity see <http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/> also
at the bottom of this email

Price see <http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/>, <http://
www.gementerprises.com/>, <http://www.macsruscomputers.com/>

life expectancy of backlight depends on use, it can be replaced.

Woody