Re: [NTLK] newton games (Newt 2100)

From: Goodwin, Greg P. (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 06:38:26 PDT

The Newton has a fairly good list of games. The question for me is what
is playable in the Newton form. Most games where you can tap the
character and move in that manner are better than the on-screen control
ones (like Rocks in Space... nice graphics... horror control).

        You have a TON of games available in the Nintendo (8-bit)
emulator "Newtendo". Love it at least in concept.

        YAZI (Yet another Z Interpreter) opens up dozens of text
adventures, including the early infocom games of the 80's like Zork,
Hitchhiker's Guide, etc.

        Waba has some games under that platform (more Froggers, Pac-Man,
Worm, etc)

        The BEST games in my opinion on the Newton? Solitare Deluxe,
Mahjong, NewtHack, and Deep Space Newt was kinda fun.

        There was another Star Trek game once where you were on a ship
and would encounter other ships. You would get a picture of the enemy
ship, and would tap on the ship to show where you would fire. That was
for the early Newts... you don't see that too often.

        Also, the Submarine game where you are a ship dropping charges
on Subs is a good game too.

=09
Doc Clu