[NTLK] NewtSync not working in Tiger

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 13:05:40 PDT

Hi, all,

I'm working with a Newton 2100, NewtSync 0.3.3, and a functioning
system up until now. I backed up Notes to individual text files,
Dates and ToDos to iCal, and I used the OmniOutliner plugin when
needed. Well, I upgraded my OS X machine to Tiger (from Panther,
10.3.9), doing archive and install. I have a previous system folder
on my machine now, from which I could grab needed files.

NewtSync no longer works. I can no longer connect my Newton. It gets
online, gets an IP address (from DHCP locally), tries to find the TCP/
IP connection with NewtSync, and then.... disconnects.

Can anyone help me on this? I really rely on dumping text files into
individual entries. Dates/Todos aren't so important (iCal was just
backup), and NCU is really damn awful at backing up text files
appropriately. Anyone have other suggestions?

Michael Wittmann