[NTLK] Easy date setting after hard reset

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 16:38:30 PDT

Ray asked...

> Is there a program to quickly set a date after
> a brain wipe? The system doesn't allow quick
> changes in the year, so I usually have to crawl
> my way up to the present month and year. Tell me
> someone has written one.

Woody answered:

> Daniel Padilla once responded to this request with
> a new application, see

<http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/progs/TimeDateSet.zip>

Just be aware that for this to be helpful after a hard
reset, the program must be installed on a memory card.
Downloading and installing it will probably take longer
than setting the date the standard way.

NewtTest, by the way, will also allow you to set time
and date more elegantly than the Newton OS. But it must
also be installed on a memory card if it is supposed to
be useful after a hard reset.
NewtTest is available in the software section of the
site in the signature.

Frank