Re: [NTLK] Rebuilt battery pack

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Sun May 15 2005 - 08:21:20 PDT

When I rebuilt my 2x00 battery pack with 2300 mAh cells it also
didn't fit.
I used fine 320 grit sandpaper to gradually remove excess plastic
until it fit. If you have access to a woodworker supply store choose
one labeled 'free cut' or 'no-fill' (these papers are designed for
sanding nitrocellulose lacquer). Grey or blue, not black, brown or
red. What you want is a sandpaper with a dry lubricant (Zinc
Stearate). This leaves a fine grey residue on the pack that will
reveal the high spots when inserted and removed by wiping off this
powder.
With this method I got a battery pack that fit smoothly.

Woody