Re: [NTLK] Newton featured on Macworld's Geek Factor Podcast

From: Jim Cheal (jimcheal_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 18:10:26 PDT

I heard it this afternoon, and I really got a kick out of it; No, you
didn't sound like a dork, but a very knowledgable person that really
knows about the Newt comm. and the different aspects of how it has
grown even though it has been out of production since '98.
I really enjoyed it Grant, and thought it was very well done on your
part, and I'm not saying that only because I know you, although I've
never heard your voice before, but because you made an excellent
pitch for and about our beloved Newtons and how the loyal user base
that uses them almost on a daily basis has adapted different new
"soups" to keep up with the newer tech. advances.

Well done my friend, and I hope that this brings even more users into
the "Green"!

Jim
On May 13, 2005, at 4:33 PM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:

> I was interviewed for this podcast a couple of weeks ago and wasn't
> sure
> when it would be posted. It was an 'over the net' interview using
> Skype,
> whihc was rather cool. Hopefully I don't come off sounding like too
> much
> of a dork. Anything for the Newton community right?
>
> Here's the intro from the site:
>
> "Former Macworld intern Cyrus Farivar is the host of this Podcast. In
> this second 29-minute installment, the topic of choice is Apple's
> Newton
> PDA, which still has a legion of followers even seven years after
> it was
> discontinued. Cyrus interviews Grant Hutchinson, a Newton
> enthusiast who
> even runs his own Newton-based web server."
>
> http://www.macworld.com/2005/05/secrets/geekfactorpod2/
>
> g.

> Grant Hutchinson > Interface Considerations & Toys
>
> Weblog > www.splorp.com
> Newton > www.newted.org
> Design > www.veer.com
>
> --