Re: [NTLK] Jaggies - Unfixable

From: Harrison Jordan (harrisonjordan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 16:39:25 PDT

well I was at Jeff's (Handmedia) house yesterday, and so we tested my
logicboard (the logicboard that is in my jaggie-infested newton). We
put my logicboard into his newton, and no jaggies appeared on his
newton. However, he never tried to put his logicboard into my newton
(so therefore, i'm not sure if the digitizer is the problem). When I
see Jeff next week, we are gonna take my newt and his newt apart and
swap different parts (im talking about the touchscreen and the other
parts the we haven't ruled out as causing the jaggies), and then we
will see what is causing the problem.

Also, I've tried the pen re-alignment lol. I have tried switching from
from portrait mode to landscape lol and i still have jaggies (also,
when I calibrate, sometimes it will repeat the calibration process. I
have concluded that this is because the screen detects pen input from
another area on the screen). I've also done a hard reset, and I have
used the newton without the top case and i still had jaggies. Marco, if
i still had jaggies even when the front case was off of my newton, will
the shaving of the bezel make the jaggies go away?