[NTLK] wifi woes

From: stephen o'reilly (steveo_at_oceanfree.net)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 06:51:01 PDT

Hello,
I just purchased a lucent gold card for my newton to get it on my home
network. I'm using Linux and have a test webpage running on my main computer
which I can reach via my ad-hoc wireless setup. WEP is currently disabled
until I get this up and running and receive my reg code for the lucent card
in the newton. The other two wireless nics are of the 802.11g variety,
although from what I'm reading, that shouldnt matter.

When I plug the lucent card in, it is immediately recognised and I set it up
on the same channel and mode as the rest of the network, subnet
255.255.255.0.
Firewalls are off for the moment.
NIE is installed on the newton and everything seems ok. I can connect over a
modem to the internet, etc. But all I get when i try to connect to my local
webpage is "communication problem occured. Connection may have been dropped"

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Regards

Stephen