Re: [NTLK] SSL or SSH for Newton?

From: Olaf Bohlen (firefox_at_sun-powered.de)
Date: Tue May 10 2005 - 09:10:10 PDT

"David M. Ensteness" <denstene_at_mac.com> writes:

> The question is asked from time to time and the given answer is
> generally that you can't run SSH on the Newton because its not a
> POSIX compliant OS. However, I don't understand how that is a
> requirement for an SSH *CLIENT* which is what would be the most
> benefit anyway since I can't think of a reason to SSH into my Newton
> but can think of many things I want to SSH into from my Newton.

the problem is that no one is able (time, knowledge, etc..) to
implement a new ssh client for the newton (porting an existing or
using code from an existing is not possible because most existing use
POSIX features.)
but what about putty for symbian? does symbian-os has posix features?

> SSL would also be very cool but I can't speak to that.

unfortunately i am not a programmer - i can't say a lot about
this. but since ssl is "just" a library i guess it should be possible,
but i guess paul is right in his posting...

--
efficient code hiding, lesson one:
$ grep "THIS" /usr/bin/true;egrep -cv "(^$|^#)" /usr/bin/true