Re: [NTLK] [OT] Old Macs up for grabs

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 19:02:38 PDT

I will try to answer the questions people are having.

Q) what kind of machines are available?
A)I only had 10 minutes to look at what was available. What I saw were
some 7100s and some other models from the 7000 series, not sure witch
exactly and sorry for any confusion I caused earlier. At least 2
classic style type Macs. not sure about which models exactly. 1 Mac
IIci, 1 Centris style (pizza box) and 1 Quadra that was spoken for. And
several Monitors of different varieties.

I have made arrangements to get access to these again, but have not
gotten a reply yet. I will post with more details when I get them. My
intent with this post was to see if there was any interest before I
committed to taking on these machines. My wife would kill me if I
filled up the basement with old equipment.

Q)Where am I located?
A)Des Moines Iowa.

Q)Are there any portables?
A)I did not see any but I will keep my eyes open for some as I did not
get a chance to look at everything that was being disposed of.

Q)why are they $20 + shipping?
A)I am offering this as an "at cost" deal to list members. I have to
wipe each machine and load a new OS onto them plus install Newton
software. I am estimating about 4 hours per machine judging from the
speed of the machines. This works out to about $5 per hour spent, not
much profit. Plus the time to package each system and mail it.

If this sounds like a good deal for you, Great! If not, no worries.

Cheers,
Clayton